My husband and I began following Jorge Cruise's "Belly Fat Cure" plan in March of 2011. Needing to keep my motivation up, and also wanting an archive to read back over, I decided to join the legion of those people already tracking their progress.

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Eating out

One of the things listed in week two as an optional "eat out" meal was Kung Po chicken, so when friends asked us out to dinner last night at a local place, we took a chance and ordered one order of the Kung Po calamari to split. Delicious!

My husband also had Tom Yom soup which looked like a spicy broth with a piece of butterflied shrimp and some scallions. I took a sip and took a guess that it was probably a 0/0, but I'll look it up today.

I'm going to venture a guess that most spicy sauces (not sweet and spicy, just hot!) are the safer bets on a restaurant menu.

When in doubt, get shrimp, no sauce, a side of broccoli and brown rice. That was my back up plan as we drove toward the restaurant.

Tonight we are having steak and cauliflower, and I suspect my husband will have some flax toast with it. He's been sick after every meal almost, since we started the one menu plan, so we are adding the fiber back in. This week he's going to alternate breakfast between eggs one day and a flax muffin the next, have a turkey sandwich on flax bread each lunch, and then he's got 3/1 Stouffer's meal options in the freezer for when the one menu dinner doesn't excite him.

I'm going to try to continue sticking to the one menu, thankfully I like Brie, but I don't think I have time in the morning to make frittatas.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you doing great. I don't know whats on his new menu but I really don't like eating the F.T. way. It makes me kind of shakey and I need a carb with my breakfast.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what the menu plan is about, but I can't imagine not getting very much fiber is going to be a good idea. That is still an issue that I have over time. I know TMI but fiber is hard for me and I end up really needing it. I am curious as to how your weight loss will come out! Jorge was on Anderson Cooper and still saying you can lose 4-9 lbs a week just by cutting out the sugar. I wish!!!
    I'm glad you are back in the swing of blogging:)

    ReplyDelete