My husband and I began following Jorge Cruise's "Belly Fat Cure" plan in March of 2011. Needing to keep my motivation up, and also wanting an archive to read back over, I decided to join the legion of those people already tracking their progress.

Friday, April 01, 2011

Week Recap

I can't believe I went a whole week without posting, but man it has been busy!

Sunday we made the Gourmet Steak with mashed potatoes (one of these days I'll include page numbers for reference). We had the asparagus on the side and the gravy with mushrooms and it was delicious! I had leftovers for lunch twice this week (a benefit of making four servings for two people). Monday night we made the Superb Chicken Enchiladas. Couldn't find the green enchilada sauce in the recipe, so it had a higher sugar count but was still pretty decent. Couldn't find the Mission chips so we got Green Mountain Gringo, and I found them entirely too salty, so I didn't finish them (put the salsa on my enchilada instead).

Also in the 'reject' pile is the Turkey Polish Keilbasa we tried for lunch on Sunday. I was able to eat it with a lot of horseradish, but on its own it was very yuck. It was even this gross brown color. We'll just go back to finding the most natural keilbasa we can, because Keilbasa, gouda and crackers is my husband's favorite Sunday lunch. This time we had the Back to Nature Stoneground wheat crackers. Those things are delicious! They taste like club crackers, and I have to be sure to put a serving on the plate instead of bringing along the box, because the box would be empty in no time! As a meal, we were able to have ten crackers each, and my husband didn't even finish his. 

Tuesday our shipment from carbsmart.com came, so I've enjoyed the Nature's Hollow preserves on toast with cream cheese for breakfast twice this week. Other mornings I had Cheerios, or Uncle Sam.
That day I tried the Jay Robb Dreamsicle Whey Protein Isolate powder for the first time, with Vanilla Almond Milk. Yum! I found the vanilla flavor way too sweet, and the chocolate way too weak. The Dreamsicle tastes how it sounds, so I had Vitamin Shoppe order me a 24oz container. 

I made the French Toast using the Ener-G brown rice loaf I found at Big Y this morning, with scrambled eggs and bacon (except I burnt the bacon). I have to say that Ener-G's carb value is not SO low that I wouldn't prefer to make french toast with the Ezekiel bread we had. Four pieces was too much (and took too long to cook before leaving for work), so I'm much happier to halve that and eat real bread. The Ener-G wasn't awful, but it was very dense. Looked like it should taste like pound cake, but tasted like rice. Not bad, but not amazing. Wouldn't make a sandwich from it, for sure.

My husband says he's tired of sausage and bacon in the mornings, so I'm trying to think of a new source of protein. Thinking maybe I'll cut up Canadian Bacon and put it in our scrambled eggs.

This weekend I'm going to make the Blueberry velvet muffins from the book. I have been dying for those, and like I said, busy week! If next week's as busy as this, those muffins will come in handy!

Weigh in was Wednesday. I wasn't surprised that my weight had shifted up a bit, but was surprised that my belly measurement had decreased again.

Back pain has been bothering me this week. Like a glutton for punishment, I'm going to a martial arts tournament on Sunday.

Oh! I should post that I have been trying a bottle of orange sparkling green tea (Steaz) to take my vitamins. It's... not really working. It's the closest thing to orange juice that I've found, but I still get nauseous after it.. that 'gaggy' feeling until my next meal. Maybe it's because of the carbonation fighting the downward motion of the pills, or maybe it's less to do with the drinks and more to do with not taking my vitamins with food, but I usually have a lot of my fiber with breakfast so I don't want that to block the vitamins from absorbing.

I feel like the cabinets are finally 'stocked', so I'm hoping the grocery bills will start to go down. The whey powder is what will bankrupt us now. :P

2 comments:

  1. Hi - it sounds like all your meals were real good. Are you using the unsweetened almond milk??
    And don't worry about the up and down thing with your weight. That happens to me still, even now way after a year.
    My hubby can't take pills either. He has to put some liquid in his mouth - then tip his head back and put the pills in the liquid.
    It does cost way more to be healthy, but its worth it cause we eat out way less.
    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always unsweetened almond milk! I do miss the sweetened almond milk I had been drinking before I started the BFC - I could actually stand the flavor in a glass with some cookies, but at least it wasn't a huge jump from whole milk to unsweetened almond!

    ReplyDelete