My husband and I began following Jorge Cruise's "Belly Fat Cure" plan in March of 2011. Needing to keep my motivation up, and also wanting an archive to read back over, I decided to join the legion of those people already tracking their progress.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Can't say I didn't try!

Experiments
Thanks to a reasonable sounding suggestion, I tried taking my vitamins with almond milk, truvia and a bit of unsweetened chocolate (because my store doesn't carry choc almond milk). It was only slightly better than SoBe Lifewater for coating the vitamins, which is not saying much. I definitely have the 'ghost pill' in my throat, which I will try to drink water to get rid of. Stomach hasn't weighed in on whether I'm going to be nauseous for the rest of the afternoon yet. These vitamins are crucial to me keeping my mouth free of canker sores (due to a sulfate allergy), and I haven't taken them in almost a week because I couldn't stomach taking them without Orange Juice.
Edited to add: Ugh.. yeah. There's the nausea. Almond Milk is a Bonafide Fail.


Menu
We tried the Mahi Mahi dinner from the Ultimate menu last night, with summer squash, brown rice and a salad. It was fantastic! And we had plenty enough for lunch today. The summer squash was so tasty.. JUST what I needed four days into Spring when it was snowing outside.

Today
1 egg, sunny side up, over 1 slice of Ezekiel Sprouted Grain, toasted
Coffee with 1/2 & 1/2.. probably 20 oz. (it's in a travel mug)
Mahi Mahi with pepper salt and olive oil, grilled, 1/2c brown rice, 1/2c summer squash
1c baby spinach nuke-steamed
Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa, Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 1 pkt Truvia

Rewards
I decided to have a protein smoothie for dinner (with coffee cubes and almond milk), to keep my tally low to allow for a dessert of sugar free angel food cake, reddiwip and blackberries. I am looking forward to that!!

I started to get excited at the store because I thought I found some thin mint sugar free cookies, but a closer look showed Aspartame in the ingredients. I avoided that sh!t long before I was on this diet!

How's that waking-up-early plan going?
Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Well for some reason I have no problem with swallowing a hand full of vitamins. Not sure why. I hope it gets easier for you.
    What is the sugar free angel food cake made with?? Check the ingredients - a lot of the time if it says sugar free, it has sucralose (which is a artificial sweetener).
    The fish dinner sounds so good. I can't get my hubby to eat fish.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop and Shop has had a small end cap near the bakery with nothing but sugar free foods: pound cake, cupcakes, even a small chocolate cake with buttercreme! I checked the pound cake first (my favorite!) and there was sucralose in it! Bah! On a whim, or because I know angel food cake defies the laws of cooking, I checked that and it was free of the 'ose' sweeteners! I will check the label again for the source of the sweetness, but I want to say it's Erythritol. I dunno, I look at so many labels!

    My husband is not normally a fish guy but he's coming around. But there are days when he eats chicken so I can have my fish fix. Mmm, can't wait for salmon!

    ReplyDelete