My husband and I began following Jorge Cruise's "Belly Fat Cure" plan in March of 2011. Needing to keep my motivation up, and also wanting an archive to read back over, I decided to join the legion of those people already tracking their progress.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Catching up

My martial arts test went very well on Friday. I had a hard time breaking my board but they kept calling me up to try again until I eventually got it. I was really proud that I didn't lose my nerve about it, but I just breathed to calm myself and try again. That's the key!

Saturday was the beach day, as it turns out I didn't need to go swimming in my swimsuit because we'd already been practicing in the water in our full uniforms! It was so nice, even though the temperature was high there was a fantastic breeze and the water was cool and refreshing. I'm glad I don't have my dreadlocks anymore or they would have weighed 40 pounds wet!

I did get a sunburn along my scalp and a tiny bit on my nose and chest, but my tattoo was safe, thank goodness!

Unless otherwise mentioned, beverage was either water or coffee. ;)

Friday's Food:
Breakfast - Soy flour waffles with a fruit reduction made from frozen blueberries and nature's hollow Mountain Berry preserves, Reddi Wip, Bacon and Eggs - 1/1
Lunch - AMC theater food: 1 cup popcorn, Chicken Strips and a club soda - 1/2 (guessing)
Dinner - Protein Shake before my test, afterwards Burger King Tendercrisp Chicken on my Sandwich flats - 5/2

Saturday's Food:
Breakfast - Dunkin Donuts Ham Egg & Cheese on a toasted English Muffin: 3/2
Lunch - Cheeseburger on Sandwich Flat x 1.5, Pirate's Booty - this put me over but I was still hungry! 4/3
I also nabbed a couple bites of watermelon because it was the only thing still cold when training was over - 1/1
Dinner - Chinese food - Steamed Shrimp & Vegetables, 1/4c brown rice - 2/2

Sunday:
Breakfast - Eggs and Bacon, 1/2 of a homemade soy waffle w/ Joseph's SF syrup - 0/1
Lunch - Sausage and Cheese on Back to Nature Stone Ground Crackers - 0/2
Dinner - 2 Applegate Uncured Organic Hot Dogs on a Flat Out Foldit bread (cut in half to form two 'Buns') - 1/1

Monday:
Breakfast - 2 Nature's Promise Organics Homestyle Waffles - 5/2
Lunch - Egg Salad and Baby Spinach on Joseph's Pitas, 1oz Pirate's Booty - 0/2
Dinner - Oatmeal with Nature's Hollow Blueberry Preserves, UAM, cinnamon - 0/2
Dessert - raspberries, strawberries, blackberries with Reddi Wip and shaved dark chocolate - 5/1

Today:
Breakfast - Cheerios and UAM - 1/2
Lunch - Egg Salad and Baby Spinach on Joseph's Pitas, 1oz Pirate's Booty - 0/2
Dinner (planned) - Chicken Italian recipe from Jorge's site, with a side of asparagus & salad - 3/1

Today my back is really bothering me. I think I pushed myself too hard in class last night after two days of poor posture. I've got a heating pad with moisture on it, will be taking Midol for the muscles and I have an acupuncture appointment after work. Unfortunately it's my last appointment because it's just too expensive to continue. Hopefully today's pain is just a reminder that I need to be careful and not an indicator that I'm in serious trouble. I may skip tomorrow's class to be sure, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it - I started learning my next sequence form last night and I don't want to practice too much on my own and end up developing bad habits.

I weighed myself a couple more times since that dressed morning with the 6lb gain. I was up about 4 pounds. It's the little indiscretions, I tell you! I thought I'd done really well but I guess I was messing up somewhere, probably eating fast food too much, but it was a busy week. But over the next couple of days 3 of those pounds dropped off, so it's looking up.

Our nephew left this week to return to my brother and his family, so things should return to normal and hopefully that means better focus for a return to losing. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on breaking your board- that's awesome!
    In regards to the weight gain, I've noticed that the little things definitely add up for me quickly and show up on the scale huge like that too. I have to watch those things, or be OK with those gains. *sigh* at least they come off when the focus returns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah good job on the test. And dread lock?? Post a picture so we can see what you look like..
    I did notice that you don't real eat enough veggies - maybe that would help if you tried to add some more.
    You are doing really great so don't worry about the couple of lbs.
    Have a nice day :-)

    ReplyDelete