My husband and I began following Jorge Cruise's "Belly Fat Cure" plan in March of 2011. Needing to keep my motivation up, and also wanting an archive to read back over, I decided to join the legion of those people already tracking their progress.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

I just discovered the Healthy Indulgences blog. All I want to do is bake, but it is SO warm right now, and I've got a hot laptop and a hot cat in my lap and across my legs. No baking today.

We bought the Cuisinart ICE-21 ice cream maker this morning. The bowl is in the freezer getting ready. Found Coconut milk and unsweetened coconut flakes yesterday, thinking they'd be for popsicles, but ice cream is even better! No heavy cream in the house at the moment, so we'll get the rest of the ingredients for the ice cream tomorrow when we do our grocery shopping.

Gained a half pound this week (though still down from that false 6lb gain, thank goodness), and after weighing myself on Friday morning I went in to work to find three dozen donuts set out in the lunch room. I was grumpy enough that I just wanted to give in but I did NOT. I resisted all day by promising I'd make some Belly Good recipes this weekend to reward myself. Thus the ice cream maker.

Also picked up some Zevia sodas for making popsicles.

We went out for Breakfast this morning and I was so hungry because it was 11am before we got our food, so I overdid it on the home fries that came with my egg bowl.

For lunch a bit ago I had a high fiber cereal (Seriously - 17g of fiber in a single serving! 4/2) and I am having leftover chicken Piccata for dinner.

I am so excited about cooking, but I don't know where to begin!

2 comments:

  1. Let us know how the home made ice cream comes out. And Great job on turning down the donuts. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same ice cream maker, I have used several recipes from Lauren's healthy indulgences blog which I really like. http://www.healthyindulgences.net/ Have a great day and kudos for turning down the donuts :)

    ReplyDelete