My husband and I began following Jorge Cruise's "Belly Fat Cure" plan in March of 2011. Needing to keep my motivation up, and also wanting an archive to read back over, I decided to join the legion of those people already tracking their progress.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Crystal Light 'Pure'

Oh and I just wanted to alert people - The Crystal Light 'Pure' packets don't use artificial sweeteners, but they're not sugar free! They combine sugar and Truvia, so if you have a whole packet, remember to double the sugar value they show you. I get really miffed when nutritional labels imply that a serving is half of what common sense would lead you to believe. The directions even TELL you to put it in a bottle of water or 2 cups in a glass. They DON'T tell you that they intend for you to share that across two servings. Hmph!

So watch out for that! I got it thinking it would be good for the theaters but I can just get the theater to sell me a seltzer from their soda fountain instead, and I get to have a lot more for 0/0!

Of course that wasn't so great during Captain America when I really needed to use the restroom but the movie was too good to get up and leave! AND there was stuff after the credits - that was the longest most painful scroll ever. I had been trying to stay hydrated cause it was super hot and I had my test that day. I regretted it! But I did get through the test so I guess it was worth it.

Anyway, just always read the labels and keep a hawk eye on that serving size!

2 comments:

  1. On their website it says 3-4 grams of sugar per serving. If you have 2 servings per pkt, That's a bit too much sugar for me. I used to love that kind of stuff along with my coke zero's and diet sodas.
    I kind of miss that stuff - just a little. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been making the unsweetened Kool aid with 6 stevia in the raw packets. It tastes refreshing. I know it wouldn't be portable though.
    Sugar, sugar everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete